Some people have a bucket list for life. I have one for athletics! (in no particular order)
Run a half marathon.(Country Music Half Marathon 2007) Run a 25 minute 5k. (officially in a timed race)(Shelby Bottoms Boogie 5k 9/29/12) Do a triathlon.(Rambling Rose Tri 2011) Do an Olympic distance triathlon.(Louisville Border Challenge Tri 7/15/12)
- Complete a Half Ironman (70.3).
- Run in every state.
- Bike an endurance event.
Run an adventure relay (Hood To Coast, Ragnar, Bourbon Trail).(Ragnar TN Nov. 9-10, 2012) Warrior Dash.(Warrior Dash TN 2011)
- Tough Mudder.
- Swim in the ocean (not just frolic, like a real swim, perhaps as a triathlon).
- Try Cross Fit.
Run a Zombie Race.(Zombie 5k 2011)
- Run the Louisville Triple Crown.
- Do real pull ups, unassisted.
Place in my age group in a race.(Updated 6/17/13. As of 9/29/12, placed in 3 sports, running, triathlon, duathlon) Hula Hoop a half marathon.(2009, 2011)
- Witness one of the “big” marathons (NYC, Boston, Chicago, etc.).
- Witness an event at the Olympics.
Run a race in a foreign country.(Detroit Free Press Half Marathon 2009)
- Bike the Bourbon Trail or run the Bourbon Trail Relay.
- Play in a disc golf tournament.
Run a sub-2:00 half marathon.(Philadelphia Half Marathon 2011)
- Master a flip turn in the pool.
- Play on a team sport.
- Outdoor rock climb.
Get paid for figure skating.(many, many years ago)
- Learn to ski.
- Learn to snowboard.
- Learn to play golf.
- Learn to play tennis.
- Attend a major league professional sports game:
NHL, NFL, MLB, FIFA, NBA
What are your exercise/sports/athletics bucket list items?